If you are just getting started with email marketing, you might be wondering if Flodesk or MailChimp is best for you. Whether Flodesk or MailChimp is best for new business, and for yours in particular, depends on a few factors. The video below shows you the back end of both systems so that you can decide for yourself where you want to start!
Written Notes for Flodesk or MailChimp Best for New Business
The truth is that whether or not FloDesk or MailChimp is the best for your business depends a lot on your personal taste!
The best thing you can do is review the video so that you can see the back end of both systems – which one do you feel more comfortable with?
If you need more to go on, this is the simplest breakdown there is:
- More cost effective to start on. They do have a free plan. BUT you will outgrow it and when you do, MailChimp’s priced plans are dependent on # of subscribers and you will likely end up paying more than Flodesk pricing if you stick with MailChimp. Be advised that you can’t do a multi-email sequence on MailChimp’s free plan.
- Not as easy to use on the back end. Audiences, segments and tags are more complex than Flodesk’s list, segments and tags. I find them harder to use anyway!
- I personally don’t like a lot of their more complicated operations. This is a great platform to start on if you just want to send a simple newsletter. If you want to do anything else, I’d recommend Flodesk, ConvertKit or if you’re looking for more robust functionality, ActiveCampaign or FunnelGorgeous.
- Super easy to use. Very clear and uncluttered back end.
- Easy to design really attractive emails.
- Never more than $38/month is a pro; a con is that you have to start at $38/month
- This is great for you if you just need to send out a weekly newsletter and have welcome and onboarding sequences.
- It’s still not as robust as ConvertKit, or especially ActiveCampaign and FunnelGorgeous when it comes to complex automations.
Bottom line: if you need something free, start with MailChimp. If you can handle the $38/month, you’ll be able to stay with Flodesk much longer, if not forever. If ease of use is your thing, then Flodesk beats out MailChimp from the start.
Best of luck! Xx, Kara
Ready for more?
✨ Ready for the DIYer’s dream? Check out Website Launch Bootcamp, where a website designer (me!) and an ethical copywriter (Lauren Van Mullem) teach you brand strategy, ethical copy for coaches and website design in one nifty (and affordable!) package. ✨
*Affiliate links! I only promote services that I have used myself, regardless of whether I have an affiliate account with them, and using affiliate links when available helps me to continue to provide useful information at no cost to my viewers/readers/peeps. Thank you 🥰