Even if you’re new to online business, you probably know that you should have a lead magnet, often also called a “freebie”. Figuring out how to get it to the people who sign up might seem a bit tricky – so here is the Convertkit edition: How to Send Lead Magnet in ConvertKit, plus a bonus: where to set up and how to trigger a welcome email sequence.
Written Instructions for How to Send Lead Magnet in ConvertKit
First, you will need to program a form. You’ll find this under the Grow tab.
- Choose an inline form if the form will be going on your website page, and then in the video, I show you how to use the Clare form.
- Set up your form fields – name and email address
- Embed the form in your website by hitting Publish and grabbing the code
Second, go to your form Settings to put the freebie/lead magnet in.
- You can customize your confirm subscription email from the settings – it is recommended to use this step to cut down on spam contacts
- Once you customize your email, you can select what you want to happen when people click the confirm subscription button – this is where you will send lead magnet in ConvertKit
- You can choose to send them to a URL, and add your lead magnet to that page (ideal if your lead magnet is a video), or you can attach the file and have it come up once they confirm
Next, you may want to set up your Welcome Sequence:
- Go to Send -> Sequences
- Set up your email series in Sequences – adding in delay days between emails
- Next go to Automations to program when people will be added to the sequence
Detailed instructions in the video above!
Best of luck! Xx, Kara
Ready for more?
✨ Ready for the DIYer’s dream? Check out Website Launch Bootcamp, where a website designer (me!) and an ethical copywriter (Lauren Van Mullem) teach you brand strategy, ethical copy for coaches and website design in one nifty (and affordable!) package. ✨
*Affiliate links! I only promote services that I have used myself, regardless of whether I have an affiliate account with them, and using affiliate links when available helps me to continue to provide useful information at no cost to my viewers/readers/peeps. Thank you 🥰