Squarespace is a super user-friendly platform and its fairly easy to DIY. I say fairly because, truth be told, for a fully customized, truly polished Squarespace site, you likely want to use some CSS code.
CSS code for Squarespace sites can help you customize pre-existing elements like newsletter forms and contact forms. It can also help you get rid of some annoying preset features like underlines under links in the header menu and in your footer. (I personally think sites look way more polished without these underlines under links – especially in the footer).
To demonstrate what CSS code can accomplish in a Squarespace website, I’m sharing this little demo that’s part of my Squarespace 7.1 crash course:
Where to Find CSS Code for Squarespace
- Of course I’m going to make a plug for one of my courses the Website Launch Bootcamp. This more than just Squarespace design since there is also a unit on Brand Strategy and a unit on Ethical Copy – but you seriously get EVERYTHING you need to DIY a super-effective website. And it comes with my CSS cheat sheet so you can literally copy and paste the code.
- You can just google ‘Squarespace 7.1 CSS code for XXXX’ (sub in whatever you’re interested in altering). There is a ton of free CSS code on the internet. This is a great option, especially if you already have the Squarespace basics covered. Some of my favorite places to look are Paige Brunton and Inside the Square.
How to Add CSS Code for Squarespace
Once you find code that you want to try to use on your Squarespace website, it’s very easy to add it to your site.
- In your lefthand menu select Design.
- When the Design menu opens, select Custom CSS – it’s the last option.
- Once there, you’ll paste any code into the window, as depicted below.
It may take a few tries to feel comfortable with altering CCS code, but I promise it’s not as complicated as it looks!
Resources mentioned in the video:
Squarespace ➡️ https://www.kcocreative.com/squarespace
Squarespace 7.1 Crash Course ➡️ https://kcocreative.academy
Best of luck! Xx, Kara
Ready for more?
✨ Ready for the DIYer’s dream? Check out Website Launch Bootcamp, where a website designer (me!) and an ethical copywriter (Lauren Van Mullem) teach you brand strategy, ethical copy for coaches and website design in one nifty (and affordable!) package. ✨
Affiliate links! I only promote services that I have used myself, regardless of whether I have an affiliate account with them, and using affiliate links when available helps me to continue to provide useful information at no cost to my viewers/readers/peeps. Thank you 🥰